Plixer Denika: Network Performance Monitoring Software
- Category: Denika
- Published on Monday, 04 May 2009 10:49
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 4763
Denika Performance Trender is an easy to use Windows® application for monitoring and trending bandwidth usage. It provides historical trends and real-time information on the status of network devices. The most common use is bandwidth utilization.
Denika includes SNMP Trending to trend CPU, memory, hard drive space, sysUpTime, and any other SNMP OID, including non-SNMP variables (e.g. script monitoring for database activity). Get utilisation reports on your data to plan network expansion and ensure that your service level reports are met.
For your convenience, the Denika download comes with a 30 day evaluation period. If you need to evaluate for longer than this, email us to request your extended evaluation key.
One tool, many ways to view your data:
Denika provides an advanced list of features for managing your network:
- Utilisation Reports - build customised utilisation reports using snmp trending
- Denika Service Level Reports - track and report on services and network
- TopN Reports - identify which devices and resources are used the most
- Denika Custom Thresholds - set custom thresholds on each and every report
- Scheduled Reports - have reports produced and emailed on a regular basis
- VoIP Monitoring - monitor your Cisco VoIP calls
- Real Time Statistics - Denika gathers statistics in real time
- Cisco NBAR and IP SLA - view data on NBAR discovered applications
- Denika and Third Party Integration - provide quick access to other tools from within Denika
Click for More Details on Denika Features
Denika Free and commercial versions
Denika is a free product for any company and supports unlimited devices and reports. It will even save the data for a full year, in 5 minute intervals. However, the commercial version has extra features.
Only available in the commercial Denika version:
The ability to globally set thresholds for minimum and maximum amounts
Note: Thresholds can be set in the free version, but it is done on an individual report basis
- Real-time graphs, which update every second to show live trends
- The ability to view the TOPn reports per report type. This is useful when trying to identify the devices with the busiest CPUs or the interfaces seeing the highest percent utilization
- TOPn tab that consolidates your TOPn reports into an easy to read, top-level view
Denika Downloads and Requests
Denika System Requirements
Below are the minimum requirements for SOE and its individual components.
(for production environments)
|Windows 2000 / XP / 2003|
20Gb hard disk space
Pentium IV class 2.0GHz
NOTE: As more software is installed and integrated with SOE, the hardware specifications will increase. For example, the Plixer product WebNM requires a dual-processor 2.0 GHz system with 2GB RAM and 80GB of disk space. For Denika trending you will need to allow 5 MB per report or 5 GB per thousand reports. The suggested drive size is 80 GB or more.